Internships provide graduates with a competitive advantage when seeking a new job after graduation.
Internships are work-related learning experiences that provide DMD students, and graduates, an opportunity to gain important knowledge and skills in multimedia development. Internships are an opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at what it's actually like working in the field of multimedia. Some internships are paid others offer stipends while some are unpaid. Most internship opportunities are competitive therefore the best time to start looking for an internship opportunity is months before you want to start working.
Before applying for an internship it is a good idea to have an on-line portfolio of your best work, along with a resume.
The links below can assist you in seeking out some of the available internship opportunities.
- Simply Hired
- AIGA - You can browse jobs for free, but to apply you must become a member. Great organization but cost $95.00 to join well worth it.
- Museum of Contemporary Art - offers internships in web design as well as graphic design.
- Newberry Library - Various internship opportunities
- Chicago.craigslist.org - this link will take you to web jobs listed on Chicago's craigslist
- WBEZ public radio - Web internship opportunities, as well as some graphic design, offered at various times of the year.
- Chicago History Museum
- WTTW - Channel Eleven offers a variety of internships opportunities